[GRASS-user] r.terraflow under GRASS 6.4?

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Sun Oct 26 10:27:02 EDT 2008

Jonathan Greenberg wrote:

> Hmm, our sysadmin ran the ./configure and included the --with-cxx and
> the new configure.in was identical to the old one (meaning either we
> already used --with-cxx or the flag had no effect on the configure.in)

The results of running the configure script are stored in
include/Make/Platform.make and include/config.h. configure.in isn't
relevant here.

> Along these lines, is there any way to tell easily what flags were used
> to compile GRASS?  We don't mind re-configuring and recompile/reinstall
> it, but we forgot to document the ./configure statement and are worried
> we might break a currently usable (but terraflow-less) installation of
> GRASS.

The configure command is recorded in config.status. That file isn't
installed by "make install", so you can't easily determine how an
installed version was built if the source tree isn't available or has
subsequently been cleaned up with "make distclean".

However, the include/Make/Platform.make and include/grass/config.h
files are installed. Those files are the means by which the configure
script controls how GRASS is built, so if they are unchanged (other
than the settings relating to C++), then you managed to reproduce the
configure options correctly.