[GRASS-user] g.transform: forward and reverse rmse

Maciej Sieczka msieczka at sieczka.org
Sun Oct 26 11:44:00 EDT 2008

Dear All,

I have a problem understanding how to interprete the reverse and forward
rmse returned by g.transform. I found Glynn's explanation [1], but,
shame one me, I don't quite get it. Is there anybody willing to put the
explanation some other words so maybe this gives enough clue?

I noticed that e.g. i.points displays only one rmse value, which
g.transform returns as the forward one. Looks like other GIS software
don't bother with reverse rmse either. So what is the use of this
reverse rmse information actually?

[1]http://lists.osgeo.org/pipermail/grass-dev/2006-June/024208.html

--
Maciej Sieczka