[GRASS-user] d.out.file now does GeoTIFFs

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 29 04:51:57 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 21:23 +1300, Hamish wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I just added support for GeoTIFF export from d.out.file in 6.4svn.
>
> Resolution is not as good as if you use r.out.gdal or r.out.tiff, but
> it lets you export a map with multiple raster and vector overlays,
> decorations, grid lines, etc. that you compose in the xmon.
>
> e.g. for use as a backdrop in some navigation software.
>  (overlay bathymetry DEM of river channel over an orthophoto)
>

> slight contributing motivation:
> I am not sure of a good way to merge raster maps with different color
> tables (imagery data). In the past I have tried 'r.mapcalc r# g# b#'
> operators+r.patch, d.out.png+r.in.gdal+r.region, neither was much fun.
> I guess g.pnmcomp could help but I fear the added complexity of passing
> the data through the display drivers will introduce noise. Perhaps
> gdal_merge.py?  (see r.in.wms mess WRT merging paletted GIF images)
>

> please test,
> Hamish

Can I test it without installing it? I don't want to re-configure all
possible add-onds I have currently installed.

I mean
#update
svn up

#clean previous configuration
sudo make distclean

#re-connfigure
./configure # with whatever of options

#make
make

and then run it directly from within the configured source (?)

Thanks, Nikos