[GRASS-user] d.out.file now does GeoTIFFs

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Wed Oct 29 08:51:36 EDT 2008

On Wed, 2008-10-29 at 03:17 -0700, Hamish wrote:
> Nikos Alexandris:
> > > Well,
> > > so I did.
>
> maning sambale wrote:
> > How?  I haven't been doing svn update for the past 2
> > months because its working OK.
> > Would love to try this out also.
>

> if you are working from a svn source tree it is just:
>
> cd scripts/d.out.file
> svn up
> make
>

> you only have to do ./configure again and rebuild everything for deep
> changes. (if you haven't in a few months it is probably a good idea
> thought)
>

> and whatever you do to "make install"
>

> but this one is just a script, you can download the latest version and
> simply replace the file. (remember 'chmod a+x')
>

> Hamish

I thought that it's just a script since it is located in the /scripts
directory. But the presence of a Makefile "told" me to re-compile. Now I
know... :-) Anyway, even doing more than required, I tested it. I
re-compiled grass6_devel and did NOT install (sudo make install) it.
Instead I ran GRASS from within the
"/usr/local/src/grass6_devel/bin.x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu" directory.