[GRASS-user] d.out.file now does GeoTIFFs

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Wed Oct 29 21:43:26 EDT 2008

maning sambale wrote:
> I just found out that the output from d.out.file geotiff
> has some distortions.
>
> See this:
> http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3007/2984908579_b73cdd3b99_o.png
>
> The lighter relief is the original raster from the GRASS dbase and the
> darker one with some green vector is the d.out.file output.

Can you try again with today's SVN? You need to update the d.info
module as well. I think it should be better now.

>  I'm using qgis to visualize.

yes me too, "qgis known_good.tif new.tif" and setting the transparency
to 50% is a very fast way of checking.

Today I hope to enable margin removal for all d.out.file formats.
(a flag to keep them is already in place)

I'd like to get rid of the "sleep" steps though (AFAIR the PNG driver
may still be working after "d.mon stop" returns)

Is GRASS_PNG_AUTO_WRITE the solution? or RENDER_IMMEDIATE ..?

Hamish