[GRASS-user] web mapping

Stephan Holl stephan.holl at intevation.de
Fri Sep 5 07:56:48 EDT 2008

Hello Edmondo,

"Edmondo Elisei" <edmondo.elisei at gmail.com>, [20080905 - 13:19:19]

> can anyone give me any suggestion about tools to choose in order to
> make a web map service (so light in advance)?
>
> I use GRASS 6.3 or QGIS as desktop GIS usaully, but I'm not
> experienced on web GIS.
> I'm thinking to mapserver (MS4W) and pmapper, but I'm not shure
> that's the better solution (easy to start, good documentation ...)
>
> Any suggestion about it?

Try considerung OpenLayers as Web-Client and UMN MapServer for
WMS-Service. This is a nice combination to present maps on the map
though.

Best regards

	Stephan

--
Stephan Holl <stephan.holl at intevation.de>, http://intevation.de/~stephan
Tel: +49 (0)541-33 50 8 32 | Intevation GmbH | AG Osnabrück - HR B 18998