[GRASS-user] gmath and LAPACK/BLAS dependency

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 8 15:56:52 EDT 2008

Craig,

On Mon, Sep 8, 2008 at 1:15 PM, Craig Leat <craig.leat at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi
>
> I'm having trouble linking in
> /grass6_devel/imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.2image, see [1] for details

I don't think that your error:
/usr/bin/ld: OBJ.i686-pc-linux-gnu/mark.o(.text+0x94a): unresolvable
R_386_32 relocation against symbol `line'

is related to LAPACK/BLAS (if you really didn't configure GRASS with these
libs).

> and I think my trouble may be caused by gmath and LAPACK/BLAS. My
> configure script contains "--with-blas=no --with-lapack=no" based on
> the comment "Note: LAPACK/BLAS support is intended for future module
> implementations, no need to use it at time!" from
> /grass6_devel/REQUIREMENTS.html.

They will be used once i.spec.unmix (GRASS Addons) is completed.

> However,
> /grass6_devel/imagery/i.ortho.photo/photo.2image/Makefile includes
> GMATHLIB and /grass6_devel/lib/gmath/Makefile includes LAPACKLIB and
> BLASLIB.

Yes, but they remain unset.

> Now that I have described the background I can pose a simple question:
> Is the comment from REQUIREMENTS.html still correct? IOW can I build
> grass6.4 without LAPACK and BLAS installed?

Yes.

I suspect a gcc problem but I am not familiar with relocation problems.

Markus