[GRASS-user] configure: error: *** Could not determine External PROJ.4 version."

Laura Toma ltoma at bowdoin.edu
Tue Sep 9 17:21:20 EDT 2008

Hi,

I am trying to install Grass 6.3 from sources on Mac OSX 10.5 and  I
get the following error:

"checking External PROJ.4 version... configure: error: *** Could not
determine External PROJ.4 version."

In the config.log file, I see:

configure:6805: checking for location of External PROJ.4 includes
configure:6831: checking for proj_api.h
configure:6839: gcc -E  -I/opt/proj/include  conftest.c >/dev/null
2>conftest.out
configure:6873: checking External PROJ.4 version
configure:6893: gcc -o conftest.dSYM -g -O2   -I/opt/proj/include
conftest.c  1>&5
configure: failed program was:
#line 6881 "configure"
#include "confdefs.h"

#include <stdio.h>
#include <proj_api.h>
int main(void) {
  FILE *fp = fopen("conftestdata","w");
  fprintf(fp, "%d", PJ_VERSION);
  return 0;
}

I have the Proj library installed in /opt/proj, and I've run the
checks that come with the Proj installation package, and as far as I
can tell it is installed correctly (it passes all of the included
tests).

Does anybody have any suggestions on what to do?

thank you,
Laura