[GRASS-user] configure: error: *** Could not determine External PROJ.4 version."

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Tue Sep 9 18:26:42 EDT 2008

On Sep 9, 2008, at 4:21 PM, Laura Toma wrote:

> configure:6873: checking External PROJ.4 version
> configure:6893: gcc -o conftest.dSYM -g -O2   -I/opt/proj/include
> conftest.c  1>&5

There are problems when configuring with the default CFLAGS (-g -O2
above).  The debug flag causes trouble with configure in some cases.
Set CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS explicitly before running configure, like:

export CFLAGS=-Os
export CXXFLAGS=-Os

(-Os is the standard OSX optimization)

If you really want debug symbols, then you must edit platform.make
after configuring to add -g to CFLAGS and CXXFLAGS.

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Oh, look, I seem to have fallen down a deep, dark hole.  Now what
does that remind me of?  Ah, yes - life."

- Marvin