[GRASS-user] create 3d plane from vector lines

José María Michia jose.maria.michia at gmail.com
Tue Sep 9 21:59:42 EDT 2008

Hi Carlos. You can use v.surf.rst. Description (from command help):

"Spatial approximation and topographic analysis from given ... isoline data
in vector format to floating point raster format using regularized spline
with tension."

Basic usage (remember to adjust region settings):

v.surf.rst input=contour layer=0 elev=surface

Where:

contour : name of the map containing your vector lines (iso lines or level
contours).
surface : name of the raster map, obtained from interpolation of the vector
lines.

More info here:
http://grass.itc.it/grass62/manuals/html62_user/v.surf.rst.html

I hope that this help you.