[GRASS-user] Export To PostGIS (with attributes)

gridcell dustin.sampson at timberline.ca
Tue Sep 9 23:09:07 EDT 2008

Hi,

  I was wondering if there is a way to perform the following:

1) Import a table from PostGIS (geometry and attributes)
2) Clean the geometry (example: overlapping polygons)
3) Export the geometry back to PostGIS (topology layer, no overlaps)
4) Export attributes back to PostgreSQL (potentially more than one row
linking to a single geometry, i.e. because of the overlaps)

Basically, I'm trying to create a one (geometry table) to many (attributes)
relationship.

Any ideas or possible methods to try?

Thanks,
Dustin