[GRASS-user] r.watershed

Alex Schulze schulzibabe at web.de
Wed Sep 10 07:29:00 EDT 2008

Hi,

I got an similar error message like Wes Kent (Janurary 2008).

http://img361.imageshack.us/my.php?image=rwatershedvl0.jpg

I use the SRTM-Data (90m) and merge with r.patch 6 tiles. So I have ca 180.000.000 cells.
Without the -m flag the process crashed immediatly. So I set this and get the error message above.

The threshold-value I set to 400000.
My laptop has an 2,5GHz processor and 4 GB Ram. When I start the process the CPU is nearly 50% and the memory usage is never higher than 50Mbyte. With the -m flag only 2 MB. Is this normal. Why grass doesn't use more memory for calculating.
This is under windows. I installed a virtual machine with ubuntu and get the same result.

What can I do to process the data. Is the raster to big?
the same with r.fill.dir or how long time takes the calculation for this.

best regards
Alex
Verschicken Sie SMS direkt vom Postfach aus - in alle deutschen und viele
ausländische Netze zum gleichen Preis!
https://produkte.web.de/webde_sms/sms