[GRASS-user] Re: help needed with v.to.rast

WolfgangZ wollez at gmx.net
Sat Sep 13 10:30:04 EDT 2008

José María Michia schrieb:
> Hi,
>
>> v.in.ascii to import the points (looks good from display)
>> v.to.rast
>> r.resamp.interp to interpolate the gaps
>
> Maybe your approach is correct, but I've never used this command for
> interpolation.
>
> If you wish, try this:
>
> v.in.ascii (same as before)
>
> g.region -p -a vect=name_of_your_vector_points_map res=5 (you can
> change the value of res, but first try this value, it seems
> appropriate to a region of 195x85 meters)
>
> v.surf.rst input=name_of_your_vector_points_map layer=0
> elev=name_of_interpolated_raster_map
>
> I hope that will be useful for you, and I hope that my English is not
> been so bad.
> José María
> Saludos

Hi José María,

thank you very much, this does what I want! Sometimes it is hard to find
the right command within the "hundreds" possible ones.

Any you don't have to worry about your English! Mine is also not perfect
as I'm not a native speaker.

Kind regards
Wolfgang

PS: Just installed the native WinGrass 6.3.0-4 today on my new laptop.
Worked like a charm. Many thanks also to the creators of the installer!