[GRASS-user] v.trees.3d and gem

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 00:51:35 EDT 2008

Gabriele wrote:
> I installed gcc and now I have installed the build-essential package.
>
> There is no package glibc-devel.

Hi,

could you point out for us where in the documentation that information is
missing? Then we can add it and the next user to come along doesn't hit
the same problem.

> The error has changed:
> /usr/src/gem-1.03/tools.c:546: warning: the use of `mktemp' is dangerous,
> better use `mkstemp' or `mkdtemp'
> gab at gab-laptop:/usr/src/gem-1.03$

That's not an error just a warning message. The module should have still
been built successfully.

And for what it's worth, mktemp in the GEM code was replaced with mkstemp
a year ago and the change is included in the GRASS 6.3.0 release.

devs: I see that the iostream lib conditionalizes mkstemp() so mktemp is
used for WinGRASS. So either iostream/ or GEM needs updating.

Hamish