[GRASS-user] Linking error in photo.2image

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 14 22:59:30 EDT 2008

Glynn Clements wrote:
> It's more likely that some other file also contains a symbol named
> "line". But the only one which I can find is the line() function in
> lib/driver/Polygon.c, and that isn't exported.

Through a process of going back to the date of my last known successful
full build, updating 1/2 way to the current revision, testing, updating/
reverting to 1/2 way through the remaining failure set, and so on, has
led me to determine that the commit in which the problem is first seen is
r33287 (initial r.external backport).

http://trac.osgeo.org/grass/changeset/33187

unfortunately it's a complicated commit.

WRT line being used uninitialized in mark.c, I wonder if line is global
there (and not reset to 0) so that the function can be reentrant and
continue (line++) from where it last left off? (say a list continuing in
a second column)

Hamish