[GRASS-user] Errors with v.in.ascii with Strings

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Mon Sep 15 03:01:22 EDT 2008

On Mon, Sep 15, 2008 at 6:55 AM, Ryan R. Rosario <uclamathguy at gmail.com> wrote:

> The debug option helped quite a bit.
>
> Solved:
> This may be a bug, or something that could/should be improved (maybe it
> already has been...I'm using 6.3RC6). There were missing values in the x and
> y columns because there were some addresses that could not be geocoded and
> grass did not know what to do when it encountered a blank cell. Ignoring the
> row, and displaying a warning to the user with the row number may be better
> IMO.

In r.in.xyz I had implemented exactly this (in my case, to avoid that
super long
Lidar files were refused due to a broken last line which only
contained a strange
symbol):

-i Ignore broken lines

They are printed as warning, though, so that the user knows what's going on.
Maybe we want this in v.in.ascii, too.

Markus