[GRASS-user] Mapping patch area and perimeter to their respective pixels

Hufkens Koen koen.hufkens at ua.ac.be
Tue Sep 16 06:03:20 EDT 2008

Hi list,

I'm doing a spatial analysis on patches and I was wondering if it is possible to output raster maps in stead of plain text files with attribute such as area and perimeter of the patch.

I can use r.le.trace to get basic stats like patch area, and the patch number.

With r.le.patch -n I can output a map with the attributes of the pixels set to the patch number.

Linking the two with r.reclass I could make a raster map where the pixels have an attribute value according to size or perimeter of the patch they belong to. However I feel that this is to complex and people will have needed similar output from r.le.

So in short, is there a way to map the size or perimeter of a patch directly to the pixels within this patch?

Kind regards,
Koen