[GRASS-user] how to calculate areas

Vincent Bain bain at toraval.fr
Tue Sep 16 10:07:12 EDT 2008

to my mind, one has to be cautious with this module, and be aware of how
surfaces are estimated. It appears that results show a big variability
given the current region resolution.
(just try r.surf.area on a sloppy plane [generated with r.plane],
knowing its inclination and thus its actual surface in advance)

Bye,
Vincent