[GRASS-user] GRASS GIS

Zahid Parvez grassgisbangladesh at gmail.com
Sun Sep 28 14:05:03 EDT 2008

Dear Grass users

Software: windows **native Grass 63** and **spearfish 60** data
Problem:  facing problem in "**v.in.ogr**" command.

>>> Successfully started GRASS GIS and  spearfish data loaded.

>>> First opened File -> Import -> Vector map -> Multiple formats using OGR.

>>> v.in.ogr window appears

>>> First Parameter needed is "path to the shape file (OGR data source
name)"
   Suppose my shape file data is in location "C:\world_factbk"
   So I have given the path  C:\world_factbk in OGR Datasource name box.

>>> name of the vector map to be created (Name of output vector map): worlds

>>> name of the file shp to be imported (OGR layer name), without
extension:

world_factbk

>>> Override projection is check box is clicked.

>>> RUN is clicked

Output in GIS.m window:

ERROR: Unable to open data source <C:/world_factbk/world_factbk>

I wander what will be its solution

Sincerely yours

Md.Zahid Parvez