[GRASS-user] Re: How to work with the NASA Blue Marble dataset

"Sören Gebbert" soerengebbert at gmx.de
Mon Sep 29 16:12:16 EDT 2008

Hi Elvis,
please read the documentation of r.in.onearth carefully.

You dont need to download any data by hand from the wms server.
Please read the wikipedia doc about wms.

You need to start r.in.onearth within a grass session.
Starting the scrript in the commandline for blue marbel images (set the resolution to 500m
of the current location) of june:

g.region res=500
./r.in.onearth -b time=Jun

Three Images will be downloaded and imported into grass.
After downloading you will be able to visualize them in grass.
Take a look at this grass feature video, which shows how to visualize data in grass:
http://www-pool.math.tu-berlin.de/~soeren/grass/modules/screenshots/grass63feature_tour.html

Please read the documentation of grass, nasa and so on carefully.

Best regards
Soeren

-------- Original-Nachricht --------