[GRASS-user] Re: How to work with the NASA Blue Marble dataset

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Mon Sep 29 15:45:47 EDT 2008

Hi Soren,
                      I just downloaded a file called world.topo.bathy.
200412.3x5400x2700.jpg   It's a small one.

What should I do next? The description file for the r.in.onearth
module give an example, but I'm not sure how to adapt it for this jpeg
image and display it using grass.
EXAMPLE

Download Landsat Global Mosaik for Spearfish (SD, USA) area:
g.region res=15 -pa
r.in.onearth -l output=spearfish tmband=visual
d.rgb b=spearfish_LandsatTM_visual.blue
g=spearfish_LandsatTM_visual.green r=spearfish_LandsatTM_visual.red
Best regards,
Elvis Dowson