[GRASS-user] Re: Patched version of libjpeg-6b for 32-bit and 64-bit architectures

Elvis Dowson elvis.dowson at mac.com
Tue Sep 30 17:44:43 EDT 2008

Hi Sean,
                   I didn't check the internal version that vtk uses.
The thing is, you need an external version of libjpeg when compiling
for grass-6.4.0.

libjpeg-6b was released in 1998! I also came across many references to
problems others have faced when attempting to compile it for 64-bits.
On the first go, I too had problems. Since I had to do some major
learning and get things working in atleast 32-bits, I put it off for a
while. Now that I have a 32-bit environment working, I thought Id try
to fix some of the outstanding issues, libjpeg 64-bits being one of
them! :-)

Here is the link to the website:  Independent JPEG Group

I also came across a set of patches in another website, and then
applied it and somehow got it to work.

So I thought I'd share it with the group!

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson