[GRASS-user] error in r.fillnull

Glynn Clements glynn at gclements.plus.com
Wed Apr 1 07:52:20 EDT 2009

Markus Neteler wrote:

> >> Found the same in v.centroids, both fixed in 6.4.svn, 6.5, and 7.
> >> Thanks for reporting it,
> >
> > Someone should file a bug report along the lines of "v.info lacks a -g
> > switch".
>
> Are you aware of any remaining problems? I check all scripts with
> grep and didn't find more.

The problem is that v.info doesn't have an option to produce
machine-readable output. The -t switch doesn't cover all of the
information which v.info can output.

FWIW, v.report has:

COLNAMES="`v.info -c map=$MAP layer=$LAYER | grep -v '^Displaying column type' | ...

But the 'Displaying column type' message is localised.

v.report uses LC_ALL=C, which solves the above issue but is a bug in
and of itself.

The comment says:

	# setting environment, so that sort works properly in all languages
	LC_ALL=C         # according to 'man sort'

If it's just for sorting, it should be setting LC_CTYPE (but LC_ALL
has to be unset, which means that the other LC_* variables have to be
set to $LC_ALL first).

But every occurence of "sort" in that script uses -n, which shouldn't
be affected by locale.