[GRASS-user] v.dissolve and r.cost problems

Paolo Cavallini cavallini at faunalia.it
Wed Apr 1 13:12:12 EDT 2009

Colin Nielsen ha scritto:
> The speed of r.cost depends not just on the number of cells but also
> the complexity of the surface. Smoother surfaces seem to take longer
> than rough ones, I think because there are more possibilities for the
> algorithm to explore.

Thanks for this Colin, I'm going to test.
However, the matrix is very small (250x370), and I have the same results
with or without the Knight's move.

In the meantime, I "solved" the dissolve issue: it turned out that a few
 NULL fields triggered the event.
I think this is a bug; I can share the file if someone wants to do
further testing.
All the best.
--
Paolo Cavallini: http://faunalia.it/pc