[GRASS-user] error on scripting

Alberto Pettazzi alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es
Mon Apr 6 07:18:15 EDT 2009

Dear All,

I wrote a script that reads each day 48 hdf5 files and depicts their
content on a raster. the script structure is the following:

read file 1
open grass
depict raster 1
exit grass
read file 2
open grass
depict raster 2
exit grass

and so on....

Everything seems to work fine, but sometimes (randomly) the raster is
not generated and the following error appears:

mkdir: cannot create directory `/tmp/grass6-user.limia-17212': File exists
Cannot create temporary directory! Exiting.
(Note: user.limia is the username I use to access my pc)

How can I solve this problem?? I guess it's something dealing with GRASS...

Thank you very much

--

Alberto Pettazzi

MeteoGalicia - Departamento de Climatología y Observación

Consellería de Medio Ambiente e Desenvolvemento Sostible

Rúa de Roma, 6

15707 Santiago de Compostela. A Coruña

Teléfono: +34-881-999646

e-mail: alberto.pettazzi at meteogalicia.es