[GRASS-user] Green Highland

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Tue Apr 7 06:23:30 EDT 2009

The software can be used for commercial use.

Both raster and vector data can be exported to shapefiles, which can be read
by nearly all GISs.  One can use native GRASS vectors and rasters for
cartography in GRASS, or the Quantum GIS software to make end product maps
with native GRASS datasets.  There are other open source softwares like GMT
for cartography also, but QGIS has a great interface and linked to use GRASS
data and locations.

You can use existing data or create your own.  As for your specific area of
interest, I would suggest googling for that GIS data and/or looking to an
agency who might already have the data in a GIS format.

Good luck and most of all have fun!

Mark