[GRASS-user] Using output of v.distance as input for r.water.outlet

Damian M maddalena at nc.rr.com
Tue Apr 7 09:51:56 EDT 2009

Hello.

I'm having a difficult time finding sample code that uses the output of v.distance as input northing and easting for r.water.outlet.  I am attempting to delineate multiple watersheds, each of which has a pour point that must be snapped to the streams before r.water.outlet will run properly.  I can get as far as printing the proper coordinates, but, as I am somewhat new to Linux in general, I cannot figure out the proper syntax to pipe it into the next command.

At this point I have the examples provided in v.distance to work from.  I have something like this:

echo "484336|234572.699|1" | v.in.ascii output=pnt1
v.distance from=pnt to=map_to_query upload=cat -p

Is this the proper way to start?  IE, should I be doing this one point at a time or should I be entering all 16 points at once into the v.distance function?

Any example code would be GREATLY appreciated!!!

Thanks!

-Damian