[GRASS-user] Problem with "location wizard tool" with wxPython GUI:

Jhon Ortiz eljhonjhon at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 10 11:36:52 EDT 2009

Hi all,

Im working with GRASS.6.4.0RC3 in Ubuntu Hardy.

I tried to define a new GRASS location with "location wizard tool" with the new wxPython GUI:

I choose projection code: ll  = Lat/Lon
And select datum with associated ellipsoid, Datum code = wgs84

But when I check my datum with g.proj -d got me this message:

GRASS 6.4.0RC3 (Mamonal_WGS84):~ > g.proj -d
Datum name not present
Datum parameters not present

Then I tried with others Datum code and it gave me the same problem.

I think, maybe is a "location wizard tool" problem in wxPython GUI, because I tried in the same
installation, but with Tcl/Tk GUI "projection values tool"

in the option coordinate system for location, I choose option B = Latitude-Longitude
and the option specify datum name, I type wgs84 and for this method is working Ok,

GRASS 6.4.0RC3 (Mamonal_WGS84):~ > g.proj -d
GRASS datum code: wgs84
WKT Name: WGS_1984
Datum transformation parameters (PROJ.4 format):
        towgs84=0.000,0.000,0.000

Now I solved my problem with tcl/tk GUI, but my question is if somebody have been the same problem?
or do you think is a problem with my installation?

Thanks!!

John Ortiz
Bioestratigraphy Team - ICP
Bogotá Colombia