[GRASS-user] access to old mapset after reinstall of operating system and grass version

Janet Choate jsc.eco at gmail.com
Tue Apr 14 20:47:41 EDT 2009

Hello grass community,
I unfortunately had to re-install my mac os x operating system, then do a
new download of grass, installing grass6.3 (previously running grass6.2).
after the re-install, i put all my backed up data back on the machine.
however, when i launch the new grass6.3 on my newly installed os, i am
unable to enter grass with one of the old mapsets, permission is denied.  i
have checked the permissions on these files, i.e. i have read/write access
to the PERMANENT and other mapsets within a location.  but i can only start
grass in that location by creating a brand new mapset.  i want to
reestablish my ability to open grass in those mapsets that i created and
that belong to me, and that i was able to use before re-loading the data on
the new operating system - anyone have any advice on how to fix this?
thanx,
Janet