[GRASS-user] access to old mapset after reinstall of operating system and grass version

Nick Cahill ndcahill at wisc.edu
Tue Apr 14 21:06:15 EDT 2009

Do you have permissions for all the files within the location  and
PERMANENT directories? If you change permissions with the "Get Info"
window, it doesn't necessarily change the permissions of files within
a folder.

There's a useful little free program called "BatChmod" that puts a Mac
gui on chmod - it's at

renaud at mac.com
http://www.macchampion.com/arbysoft

Cheers,