[GRASS-user] Rotate a map display

Cuinet Jérôme jerome at georezo.net
Wed Apr 15 15:01:34 EDT 2009

On the contrary !

That makes no sense is to perform always the same association between map
coordinate system and screen coordinate system. In prove, we have a scale
but no other simple transformation.

I understand that practice, but as soon as you use the map on the field, you
will warp the map. And it is the context, a aircraft on the sky. The map
window must display a map, not a partial map. And I want a map wholly
usable, for example I keep a coordinates query with mouse.

Wrapping the map is a common pilot pratice. Grass is not fixed. My needs are
especially viewer needs.

Jérôme