[GRASS-user] v.lidar.growing dbmi: Protocol error

Markus Neteler neteler at osgeo.org
Fri Apr 24 17:51:33 EDT 2009

On Wed, Apr 22, 2009 at 10:58 PM, Jack Lonsdale <lonsdale at unbc.ca> wrote:
> I am continuing to try and use Grass to process my LiDAR data. However,
> having completed v.lidar.edgedetect successfully I am unable to complete
> v.lidar.growing
>
> firstly, just to check, the 'first' parameter is the raw dataset? If not
> how do I create the first return dataset?
>
> Secondly, if I run the following:
> v.lidar.growing input=alrf_subs_edge at lonsdale output=alrf_subs_grow
> first=alrf_subs_raw tj=0.2 td=0.6
>
> All I get is a dbmi:Protocol error, It was impossible to open this
> table!

ha! I guess I found the error.
Please try again *without* specifying the mapset (@lonsdale). If it is
not in the path, use g.mapsets (-s for GUI) to add it.
Runs, right?

The bug is here:
    sprintf(buf, "SELECT Interp,ID FROM %s_edge_Interpolation",
in_opt->answer);
    db_append_string(&sql, buf);

in_opt->answer contains (in your case) the @mapset part which causes
the DBMI engine to crash. So that should be easy to fix in the module.

@devs: how to strip off the mapset part of a name? Don't remember...

Markus