[GRASS-user] Re: I can't start grass after change the mapset directory.

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Tue Aug 4 17:37:52 EDT 2009

I just tryed to run with -text and -wx options, but still get errors:

------------------  -wx
$ /c/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/bin/grass64 -wx
Cleaning up temporary files ...
Starting GRASS ...
access: No such file or directory
ERROR: LOCATION << e:/BiotaSP_sdb/newLocation >> not available
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "c:/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/grass-6.4.0svn/etc/wxpython/gis_set.py", line
33,              in <module>
    from gui_modules import globalvar
  File
"c:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.0svn\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\globalvar
.py", line 55, in <module>
    CheckForWx()
  File
"c:\OSGeo4W\apps\grass\grass-6.4.0svn\etc\wxpython\gui_modules\globalvar
.py", line 44, in CheckForWx
    except (ImportError, ValueError, wxversion.VersionError), e:
UnboundLocalError: local variable 'wxversion' referenced before assignment
Error in GUI startup. If necessary, please
Switching to text mode now.
Hit RETURN to continue...

------------------  -
$ /c/OSGeo4W/apps/grass/bin/grass64 -text
Cleaning up temporary files ...
Starting GRASS ...
access: No such file or directory
ERROR: LOCATION << e:/BiotaSP_sdb/newLocation >> not available

Redirection is not supported.
famiglia at FAMIGLIA-PC ~

In fact this is not a new behaviour, because I get this for about three
month, but I am just reporting today (sorry for my delay).

bests

milton