[GRASS-user] I can't start grass after change the mapset directory.

Nikos Alexandris nikos.alexandris at felis.uni-freiburg.de
Tue Aug 4 17:40:36 EDT 2009

Milton Cezar Ribeiro:

> I was working on a mapset stored on a external Hard Disk (like e:
> \MyMapset).
> This was my last access of mapset on grass.
>
> Not I removed the external hard disk so I have no drive E anymore.
> But when I start grass 6.4, it try to access the mapset on e:\MyMapset
> and as it is not there, the grass stay stucked. What I need to do
> to be able to choose my mapset?
>
> By the way, I am running grass under MSYS/Vista.
> cheers
> milton

Milton, no idea how grass can be launched under Windozes. Under linux
you can just launch grass by specifying a location/mapset, e.g.:
grass64 /grassdb/Location/Mapset

That does (I think) away the problem with undetectable locations/mapsets
(like in your case). Can't you just specify another location/mapset
while launching grass from text/gui?

Nikos