[GRASS-user] python script: grass.list_grouped for other mapset

Milton Cezar Ribeiro miltinho.astronauta at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 19:51:21 EDT 2009

Dear all,

I am building some codes on python that read grass informations.
If I start msys - grass - select my location & mapset, I am able
to both get the list of rasters or read a raster map.

To get the list of raster maps I use something like:
   landscape_list=grass.list_grouped('rast')['PERMANENT']

This works fine. But my application will need to read information
for more than one mapset at same time, and the are not stored
on PERMANENT.

As I am working with landscape simulations,
for each landscape (I have about 30,000 landscapes with 512x512 pixels)
I generated about 5 new maps, and for convenience  (including backup)
echo set of maps are stored on different mapsets.

I really need to stay conected on one mapset and get the list of rasters
as well as the raster maps from other mapsets, and this need to be done
on the fly of my script.

Any hint are welcome.

cheers

milton