[GRASS-user] v.in.ogr to SDE

Fran Tarkington fran.tarkington at gmail.com
Wed Aug 12 20:00:06 EDT 2009

Hi

I have grass installed using the osgeo4w.  Am trying to use the v.in.ogr
command to import some vector data from an ESRI SDE data source.

I have successfully used the OGR2OGR utility that came installed with the
ogeo4w to extract vector data from SDE to a shapefile.  When I open op a
osgoe4w command prompt and query the formats supported I get the following
list:

C:\Windows\system32>ogrinfo --formats
Supported Formats:
  -> "OCI" (read/write)
  -> "SDE" (readonly)
  -> "ESRI Shapefile" (read/write)
  -> "MapInfo File" (read/write)
  -> "UK .NTF" (readonly)
  -> "SDTS" (readonly)
  -> "TIGER" (read/write)
  -> "S57" (read/write)
  -> "DGN" (read/write)
  -> "VRT" (readonly)
  -> "REC" (readonly)
  -> "Memory" (read/write)
  -> "BNA" (read/write)
  -> "CSV" (read/write)
  -> "GML" (read/write)
  -> "GPX" (read/write)
  -> "KML" (read/write)
  -> "GeoJSON" (read/write)
  -> "Interlis 1" (read/write)
  -> "Interlis 2" (read/write)
  -> "GMT" (read/write)
  -> "SQLite" (read/write)
  -> "ODBC" (read/write)
  -> "PGeo" (readonly)
  -> "OGDI" (readonly)
  -> "PostgreSQL" (read/write)
  -> "MySQL" (read/write)
  -> "AVCBin" (readonly)

Yet when I try to use the v.in.ogr command with the following syntax I get
the error: Unable to open data source.  The following is a summary of the
syntax that I am using:

v.in.ogr dsn=SDE:habs.ca,5153,ordb1,oraUserName,password,MYSCHEMA.LOCATIONS
output=LOCATIONS

Is there any way I can verify that the grass is using the same GDAL/OGR
versions as I am using on the OSGEO4W command line?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Fran