[GRASS-user] r.li help

Nathan Lemoine lemoine.nathan at gmail.com
Sun Aug 16 20:59:25 EDT 2009

I've tried running gdb on the r.li.patchnum program, but I have no
debugging or programming experience, so I can only report the error
messages I've received. running the program normally, without of gdb,
gets me the error:

Illegal filename. Character <> not allowed.
Illegal filename. Character <> not allowed.
Illegal filename. Character <> not allowed.
WARNING: Unable to open header file for raster map <@(null)>
CHILD[pid = 326]: unable to open  mask ... continue without!!!

this error message typically just repeats itself.

running the program with gdb gets me:

Starting program: /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/bin/
r.li.patchnum .li.patchnum map=northrast conf=whole out=test

Program received signal EXC_BAD_ACCESS, Could not access memory.
Reason: KERN_INVALID_ADDRESS at address: 0x0000000000000008
0x00007fff806b0964 in strcmp ()

and if I backtrace:

(gdb) bt
#0  0x00007fff806b0964 in strcmp ()
#1  0x000000010005bc63 in parseSetup ()
#2  0x000000010005c899 in calculateIndex ()
#3  0x00000001000008c8 in start ()

that's as much as I've been able to learn so far given my limited
skills at this.