[GRASS-user] updating vector attributes for separate islands

maning sambale emmanuel.sambale at gmail.com
Mon Aug 17 00:26:53 EDT 2009

Hi,

I imported a shapefile of provinces in grass.  The shapefile has
around 84 provinces composed of different islands.  The attribute
table contains only 84 rows corresponding to 84 provinces.  I used
v.clean bpol tool to topologically clean the vectors.  Then used
v.db.droptable and add a new  a table to add island names for each
polygon.

The new table created still contain 84 rows and when I edit an island
centroid the island name is also added to the other polygon covered by
the same province.

--
cheers,
maning