[GRASS-user] wxpython Mac OS X compilation issues

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Aug 21 09:33:17 EDT 2009

On Aug 20, 2009, at 11:36 PM, stephen sefick wrote:

> from with in GRASS
> g.gui wxpython
> ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython >= 2.8.1.1.
> dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
> Extras/lib/python/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/_core_.so,
> 2): Symbol not found: __ZN15wxPoint2DDouble14SetVectorAngleEe
>  Referenced from:
> /System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/Extras/lib/
> python/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/_core_.so
>  Expected in: /Applications/GRASS-6.4.app/Contents/MacOS/lib/
> libwx_macud-2.8.0.dylib
> . Detailed information in README file.
>

> Any help tracking this down would be gratefully appreciated.

For some reason, GRASS is not using your wxpython.  Maybe it's not in
your sys.path.

Did you install the python.org Python or are you using the system
python?

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"This is a question about the past, is it? ... How can I tell that the
past isn't a fiction designed to account for the discrepancy between
my immediate physical sensations and my state of mind?"

- The Ruler of the Universe