[GRASS-user] wxpython Mac OS X compilation issues

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Aug 21 09:58:39 EDT 2009

wxpython should work fine with the system python.  I don't remember
how the installer works to do this, I think it's automatic.

Do you have:

/Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/wx.pth

After starting GRASS, run Python within the GRASS shell.  What do you
get from:

import sys
sys.path

On Aug 21, 2009, at 8:39 AM, stephen sefick wrote:

> I first used the system python and then I installed the latest
> wxPython.  Should, I go through and only use the system python, make
> use of the newest python, or...?  Thanks for the help.
>
> Stephen Sefick
>
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:33 AM, William
> Kyngesburye<woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>>
>> On Aug 20, 2009, at 11:36 PM, stephen sefick wrote:
>>
>>> from with in GRASS
>>> g.gui wxpython
>>> ERROR: wxGUI requires wxPython >= 2.8.1.1.
>>>
>>> dlopen(/System/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/2.5/
>>> Extras/lib/python/wx-2.8-mac-unicode/wx/_core_.so,