[GRASS-user] wxpython Mac OS X compilation issues

William Kyngesburye woklist at kyngchaos.com
Fri Aug 21 18:26:28 EDT 2009

... it's been a while since using the wxpython installer, I currently
use a custom-compiled wxpython so I can embed it in GRASS... and it
looks like that should be:

wxredirect.pth

It should be installed automatically by the wxpython installer.

On Aug 21, 2009, at 5:11 PM, stephen sefick wrote:

> I do not have
>
> /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/wx.pth
>
> how do I get it?
>
> On Fri, Aug 21, 2009 at 8:58 AM, William
> Kyngesburye<woklist at kyngchaos.com> wrote:
>> wxpython should work fine with the system python.  I don't remember
>> how the
>> installer works to do this, I think it's automatic.
>>
>> Do you have:
>>
>> /Library/Python/2.5/site-packages/wx.pth
>>
>> After starting GRASS, run Python within the GRASS shell.  What do
>> you get
>> from:
>>
>> import sys
>> sys.path
>>
>> On Aug 21, 2009, at 8:39 AM, stephen sefick wrote:
>>
>>> I first used the system python and then I installed the latest
>>> wxPython.  Should, I go through and only use the system python, make
>>> use of the newest python, or...?  Thanks for the help.
>>>
>>> Stephen Sefick

>>> --
>>> Stephen Sefick
>>>
>>> Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that
>>> are
>>> so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up
>>> and
>>> make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
>>> annoying little problems of being mammals.
>>>
>>>                                                                -K.
>>> Mullis
>>
>> -----
>> William Kyngesburye <kyngchaos*at*kyngchaos*dot*com>
>> http://www.kyngchaos.com/
>>
>> "History is an illusion caused by the passage of time, and time is an
>> illusion caused by the passage of history."
>>
>> - Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy
>>

> --
> Stephen Sefick
>
> Let's not spend our time and resources thinking about things that are
> so little or so large that all they really do for us is puff us up and
> make us feel like gods.  We are mammals, and have not exhausted the
> annoying little problems of being mammals.
>
> 								-K. Mullis

-----
http://www.kyngchaos.com/

"Mon Dieu! but they are all alike.  Cheating, murdering, lying,
fighting, and all for things that the beasts of the jungle would not
deign to possess - money to purchase the effeminate pleasures of
weaklings.  And yet withal bound down by silly customs that make them
slaves to their unhappy lot while firm in the belief that they be the
lords of creation enjoying the only real pleasures of existence....

- the wisdom of Tarzan