[GRASS-user] Problem running v.rast.stats - caused by calculating coefficient of variance when mean=0?

Hamish hamish_b at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 27 06:58:59 EDT 2009

Tim wrote:
> The issue eventually seemed to be that the column prefixes I was using
> were too long.  When I went down to using 2- and 3-letter prefixes, it
> seemed to start working fine (initially I had been using 5- or
> 6-letter prefixes).

I've now submitted a check in 6.5svn that makes it exit with an error if
you give it more than 6 chars. DBF only allows 10 chars max, and [_mea]n
and [_med]ian need 4 of those to stay unique. (The python version in gr7
silently chops away anything more)

Suggestion: switch to SQLite as the DB backend. See the db.connect help
page.

Hamish