[GRASS-user] reproject from lat/long to utm

Janet Choate jsc.eco at gmail.com
Wed Dec 2 07:38:27 EST 2009

ok, getting somewhere!
however, now i'm getting the error 'Input map is outside current region',
which must be due to how i set up the new location.  when i set up the new
location/mapset, for 'define new location with...'
i chose 'Projection values'
then gave a new location name=GRASSnew, mapset=PERMANENT,
database=/work/projects

then specified the coordinate system for the new location as UTM,
datum nad83, datum tranformation Parameters chose option 6, zone 10, then on
the define the default region page - left the default region as it was with
N and E edge at 1, W and S edge at 0, and leaving Grid Resolution at 1,
accepted this region, successfully created location and reentered grass.

then ran r.proj as you suggested, and appeared to be correct input, but got
the input map is outside current region error.

any ideas?
thanx for all you help!