[GRASS-user] Re: Georectify problem

Adam Dershowitz, Ph.D., P.E. adershowitz at exponent.com
Wed Dec 2 12:43:57 EST 2009

I just tried your 6.4 build and I noticed two things.  1)  When I double click on it, I see this in the terminal:
Rebuilding Addon menu...
Python 2.5.4 found.

But, if I try to switch to the non-default gui, here is what I get:

>  g.gui wxpython
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "/Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4_Barton.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/wxpython/wxgui.py", line 55, in <module>
    import gui_modules.globalvar as globalvar
  File "/Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4_Barton.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/wxpython/gui_modules/globalvar.py", line 62, in <module>
    import wx
  File "/Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4_Barton.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/python/wx/__init__.py", line 45, in <module>
    from wx._core import *
  File "/Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4_Barton.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/python/wx/_core.py", line 4, in <module>
    import _core_
ImportError: dlopen(/Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4_Barton.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/python/wx/_core_.so, 2): no suitable image found.  Did find:
	/Applications/Grass/GRASS-6.4_Barton.app/Contents/MacOS/etc/python/wx/_core_.so: no matching architecture in universal wrapper

While, when I run William Kyngesburye's build I see this in the terminal:
Rebuilding Addon menu...
Python 2.6.4 found.

But, at the command line, if I just do python, I end up with Apple version 2.6.1.  I will also ask about this on the macports list, which is very active.

For what it is worth, I know that in the past, with 10.5, and Macports installed I was able to run the wxpython version, but I can't seem to get it to work now.

--Adam