[GRASS-user] Converting from Lat/Long to Projection -- NOT SOLVED

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Thu Dec 3 09:50:08 EST 2009

On Thu, 3 Dec 2009, Glynn Clements wrote:

> 1. The default input format has X (easting) followed by Y (northing).
> You need to use the -r switch if the northing comes first.
>
> 2. In the absence of a trailing E or W, positive eastings are east of
> the prime meridian. You need either a leading "-" or a trailing "W"
> for eastings in the western hemisphere.

Glynn,

   There's another discrepancy in the man page I should point out for
posterity: the syntax summary's last item. Notice:

SYNOPSIS
        cs2cs [ -eEfIlrstvwW [ args ] ] [ +opts[=arg] ]
              [ +to [+opts[=arg]] ] file[s]

   This indicates that one can use the command in a file (a shell script).
But, that does not work; it just sits there with no response. Apparently,
the command runs only from the command line.

Thanks again for your clarifications,

Rich