[GRASS-user] Problem with grib support for GRASS 6.4

Thomas Adams Thomas.Adams at noaa.gov
Fri Dec 4 15:07:09 EST 2009

All:

I have (re-)compiled GRASS 6.4 to try and ensure that I am getting grib
support in gdal within GRASS. When I attempt to import a grib file using
r.in.gdal, I get an error and GRASS tells me that the file format is not
recognized and is not supported. When I list the supported file formats
for r.in.gdal, I can not find grib listed as a supported file format.
OK, this seems to make sense, except that I did link to gdal (which I
built from source) and if I run: gdalinfo gribfilename.grb, I get very
reasonable output about the file. So, I don't understand why gdalinfo
recognizes my grib file, yet GRASS linked against gdal does not list
grib as a supported file format and does not recognizes my grib file.

Regards,
Tom

--
Thomas E Adams