[GRASS-user] Grass70 wxgui vs. command line d.*

Doc Robinson doc.robinson at utoronto.ca
Wed Dec 9 07:01:47 EST 2009

I agree with most all of what John Stevenson says..especially

Advantages of command line:
- it is VERY quick once learned
- easy to write scripts
- can work remotely from slow computer over ssh -X connection
- interaction with operating system commands and other software e.g.
imagemagick, GMT
- full history of what has been done
- easy to repeat previous commands

It is distressing to think that I might have to stick with GRASS 6.x if
they dont take into consideration all of us using ssh connections...this
is really a huge advantage GRASS has over other packages

--
Regards,
          Doc

    Vincent B. Robinson       |
   Department of Geography    | E-Mail: doc.robinson at utoronto.ca
    University of Toronto     | Voice: (905)828-5299
       at Mississauga         | Fax:   (905)828-5273
    Mississauga, Ontario      |
    Canada     L5L 1C6        |