[GRASS-user] Re: Hydroligics in grass

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sat Dec 12 11:02:13 EST 2009

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Michael Barton wrote:

> That said, we've done a lot of testing in my lab of the ability of these
> (and other modules like r.flow) to simulate overland flow. We've had the
> best results with r.watershed with the new multi-flow direction (MFD)
> algorithm implemented in GRASS 6.5 and 7.

Michael,

   I saw a reference to jgrass in an earlier thread. I've not yet looked
closely at it but it apparently has modules lacking in GRASS for
precipitation-runoff calculations. Have you or your students looked at
jgrass?

   Ideally, it would be nice to have all the additional capabilities of jgrass
incorporated into (C)GRASS.

Rich