[GRASS-user] Re: Hydroligics in grass

Rich Shepard rshepard at appl-ecosys.com
Sun Dec 13 10:37:44 EST 2009

On Sat, 12 Dec 2009, Michael Barton wrote:

> I agree that it would be nice to have the Java-based "Horton machine"
> modules available for the GRASS community. However, as is the case with
> all truly open source projects, contribution to GRASS is voluntary.

Michael,

   Yup.

   I found a java to python translator (there are a few out there) and will
take a shot at producing working python code. Several years ago I switched
from C to python for our approximate reasoning models because of the
extensive mathematical and scientific tools available for python. While by
no means an expert, I can usually get things working, especially using the
wxPython GUI.

Rich