[GRASS-user] Re: v.breach addon

M S mseibel at gmail.com
Mon Dec 14 15:24:38 EST 2009

Kubuntu 9.10 64bit, using GRASS 6.5.

I ran v.breach on a stream network extracted with r.stream.extract.
It runs through the program, and puts up an error dialogue at
v.parallel.  Attached is the log file.  It looks like a negative
number is being passed to v.parallel.  I saw in the documentation this
might be a problematic module in the script for non-metric coordinate
system.  Below is the portion of the output box from the module.  Note
the error 11 lines down.

Building topology for vector map <breach_pt_segm_2l_r_tmp_5636_0_v_breach_sh>...
Registering primitives...
100 primitives registered
259 vertices registered
Building areas...
0 areas built
0 isles built
Attaching islands...
Attaching centroids...
Number of nodes: 100
ERROR: value <-0.00001> out of range for parameter <distance>
Number of primitives: 100
Number of points: 0
Number of lines: 100
Number of boundaries: 0
Number of centroids: 0
       Legal range: 0-100000000
 Creates parallel line to input vector lines.

Should I look in the script for this portion, and check if it is a
metric issue? or does this seem like a different problem?

Thanks,
Mark